WordPress Header / Footer Notification Bar Plugins
WordPress notification bar plugins help you effectively display website announcements, collect email addresses, drive interaction with prospects, offer discount coupons, promote specific products of your store and yield many more benefits.
countdown timer to create a sense of urgency for marketing campaigns, entice visitors to subscribe to your email list, etc.
As you would normally do with other Elementor widgets, you’ll make use of a drag-and-drop builder, change colors of every content piece of the bar, create all sorts of fancy layouts by altering margins, paddings and backgrounds, etc. This is the privilege you won’t find in every similar plugin.
And its power is not just in customization – you are free to apply all desired behaviors for separate content elements (like show or hide them when necessary) or the entire notification bar.
You can also decide on which pages and posts to show them and set different triggers for popup actions (exit-intent, scroll-to-element, etc.) So it’s absolutely suitable to serve any purpose ranging from a lead capture to plain announcements.
Access to the full-fledged popup builder is available only to Elementor Pro subscribers, but considering the value you get from the entire premium Elementor package, it’s much cheaper than purchasing an extra plugin.
2. Hello Bar
You can start with robust Hello Bar premium packages or install a free plugin and go with a no-cost plan. It, however, is limited to 5K views per month (it’s applicable only to those who see your bars or popups, not each website visitor in general) and 10 popups.
So a free version will unlikely satisfy the needs of massive websites with significant amount of traffic that use notification bars on a regular basis. But if you need it for a few time-limited deals per month… the free version will do!
Make sure to go through our detailed Hello Bar review to take a look inside.
3. Apex Notification Bar
MailChimp and Constant Contact.
They also sometimes release seasonal promo template images to provide you with pleasant bonuses.
4. Master Popups
Mailchimp, AWeber, GetResponse, Mailer Lite, Constant Contact, Sendinblue, Autopilot, Drip and others.
If you run a store and target announcements and deals at multilingual audiences, Master Popups will help you seamlessly translate notification bars into any language by means of WPML.
5. Themify Announcement Bar
If you need to get more newsletter subscribers, Themify Announcement Bar plays well with the MailPoet plugin.
6. WP Notification Bars
free version: it allows you to publish unlimited notifications bars with custom colors, call-to-action buttons and different behavior rules.
If you go Pro, you can benefit from more analytics options to track performance of your notifications, maximize their value by performing A/B split testing and connect the whole range of email services to collect leads.
The toolkit of extra content elements is also huge: videos, countdown timers, related posts and anything you can think of.
You may set up visibility of these bars based on the page or post (with the ability to exclude the needed ones), show them to logged-in users only, display or hide on mobile devices, feed Facebook and Twitter posts and use more unique features.
7. Adning Advertising
WooCommerce ads, AMP support, ad spots, etc.).
But let’s focus on how it deals with notification bars… The plugin allows you to create different custom announcement banners, which you can target selectively based on different criteria, including country and user’s device.
Adning Advertising also perfectly deals with smart delayed and fly-in popup ads that you can put into any predefined position on a website page.
Moreover, the plugin offers you a built-in impressions (clicks) tracking platform for measuring effectiveness of your announcements and monetizing them wiser.
8. WordPress Notification Bar by SeedProd
Unlike some other alternatives, it (the premium pack) offers tons of pre-made templates, access to free stock photos right in the plugin, built-in templates for setting up the maintenance mode, dozens of popular email marketing automation tools (including Zapier) and an extra spam protection layer.
9. Top Bar
10. 8 Degree Notification Bar Pro
Get 8 Degree Notification Bar Pro
Which WordPress notification bar plugin to choose?
Let’s sum up our observations on some top-popular solutions to help you choose the most suitable option:
- Elementor Popup Builder (comes bundled with Elementor Pro) is the most practical approach for Elementor users (and a good reason to switch over to Elementor if you are looking for the best WordPress website builder).
- Hello Bar is the go-to solution for all sorts of complex and simple notification bars with the biggest choice of email marketing tools and the A/B testing instrument, but its free version is quite limited.
- Apex Notification Bar is a quick and simple notification bar designer, but there are just a few email marketing services for your lead-generation purposes.
- Master Popups is a way to go if you need a deeply flexible customization panel for designing various custom popups and notification bars.
- Themify Announcement Bar is a very user-friendly and affordable solution for creating unlimited, rather traditional announcement bars.
- WP Notification Bars is a neat free plugin for constructing diverse announcement bars.
- Adning Advertising is an all-in-one advertising toolkit with support for geographically targeted WordPress notification bars.
- WordPress Notification Bar by SeedProd is one of the most affordable freemium plugins, which additionally includes different types of launch pages.
- TopBar is the most straightforward free WordPress notification bar plugin for adding simple header hello bars.
- 8 Degree Notification Bar Pro is a sweet spot solution with a bunch of pre-made skins and a decent customization panel.
So which one are you going to go with and why?