WOT Cache: An efficient WordPress speed optimization plugin
So you have started your own website with a specific motive. You want a good amount of traffic on your website, and along with that, you want to give your visitors a good onsite experience so that the ranking of your website on different search engines will improve. That’s one of the ultimate goals, right?
But did you know that if your website loading time is quite high, it can be a severe problem for the performance of your website? Google ranks pages and websites by tracking the user behaviour on the website, bounce rate, etc., and you must know that user on the internet is very impatient.
Why Do You Need a Cache Plugin for Your WordPress Website?
If you own a WordPress website that loads quite slowly, your visitor is going to bounce off to another website which probably is your competitor, and Google can track that. To avoid such circumstances, you must know about cache tools and plugins that can optimize the load time of your WordPress website, improving its performance by enhancing the user experience, onsite time, repeated visitors, conversion rates, etc.
WOT cache plugin is a cache WordPress plugin that optimizes your website performance, by providing a wide range of performance add-ons, which can speed up the loading time of your WordPress website and ultimately helps improve its ranking on Google.
What is the WOT Cache Plugin?
In simple words, WOT Cache is an open source software and WOT cache plugin helps in improving the loading speed of a WordPress website by adding a variety of performance qualities to the website. There are some features of the WOT cache plugin that make it a versatile optimization tool, which simplifies the process of improving the loading speed of a WordPress website.
The main features of the WOT cache plugin that primarily improve the speed of a WordPress website include:
- Page caching
- Image Optimization
- Browser caching
- Lazy load
- Removes query strings
- GZIP or file compression
- Removes render-blocking CSS
- Removes render-blocking js
- Google Font Optimization
These are the primary features of the WOT cache plugin that can help you in improving the loading time of your WordPress website, which indirectly helps improve the ranking of your WordPress website on different search engines, including Google.
Let’s find out, with the help of this review, how practical and effective this cache plugin is improving the website performance.
WOT Cache Plugin – Important Features
So, it is necessary for you to know how a cache plugin helps in speeding up the loading time of a WordPress website. Let’s go through the features of the WOT cache plugin that simplify the process of enhancing the performance of your WordPress website, which makes this plugin a perfect option for beginners as well as experts.
Page caching and browser caching features of the WOT cache plugin for WordPress websites are the main reasons why cache plugins improve the page load times of a website. The most commonly used static assets of your WordPress website, like the logo or home page of your website, on users’ computer, so that it doesn’t need to be loaded again and again whenever the users visit your website.
GZIP Compression is among the important features of WOT cache plugin which helps in reducing the loading time of the website by compressing the size of different media files attached to different pages. As the file size is reduced, the page loads quite faster and user experience of the website can be improved quickly.
Image optimization is one of the unique features of the WOT cache plugin that optimizes your website by finding suitable images for the content on your website, and reduces the image size to increase the loading speed of your WordPress website.
Google font and database optimization features of the WOT cache plugin help loading Google font file asynchronously and to remove blots from the database files of your website.
All these features of the WOT cache plugin, collectively, help in reducing the overall loading time of a WordPress website.
WOT Cache Plugin Interface and Settings
Moving ahead with the review of the WOT cache plugin, let’s get you introduced to the settings and interface of the plugin.
I have already briefed you about the basic functioning and features of the WOT cache plugin, but let’s find out how these tabs work for you to improve the performance of your WordPress website and offer excellent user experience.
1. HTML/CSS: As mentioned earlier, this tab enables you to reduce the size of HTML and CSS file by removing extra spaces and comments in the codes. You can enter the list of CSS files in the ‘exclude CSS’ box, which you do not want to be minified and keep intact. By combining and loading CSS asynchronously, the number of HTTP requests is reduced and displaying CSS as a render blocking content can be avoided. You can also exclude some specific CSS files from asynchronous loading by entering the list in the ‘critical CSS’ box in the HTML/CSS settings.
3. Lazy Load: Lazy loading images or videos or both can be enabled, which loads the images or videos on the page on a website only when they are visible to the user. This feature improves the loading time of the website by reducing the HTTP request. You enable lazy loading for the users accessing your website from mobile phones. You can also exclude some pages from lazy loading by mentioning the links in the comment box in the settings.
4. Image Optimization: You can customize the image quality setting or resize it as required. By optimizing any number of images on your website, WOT cache plugin reduced the image loading time.
5. Cache and Database: You can enable saving the cache or instantly clearing them. You can also schedule the time when you want to clear the cache, along with excluding the pages from clearing the cache by entering the link to those pages in the comment box in the Cache settings.
The database settings enable you to delete all the extraneous content like spams or only specific content from your website.
6. Preset: This setting helps beginner users to select a theme that appears on the drop-down menu provided in the setting. Importing or exporting the setting for preset, the plugin automatically sets itself accordingly.
WOT Cache performance examples
Following is a GTMatrix report of a website before and after activating the WOT Cache plugin.
Before installing the plugin
After installing WOT Cache
Here’s a Pingdom speed test report before and after activating the plugin.
Before activating the plugin
After using WOT Cache plugin
The Final Thoughts
On testing the performance of your WordPress website before and after installing the WOT cache plugin, you will realize that the WOT cache plugin can improve the loading speed of your WordPress website significantly.
The WOT cache plugin is a premium plugin that includes a comprehensive package of multiple features that work collectively. For single website license, the WOT cache plugin costs $32, which I think is worth paying for all the advantageous features. Although you do not necessarily need a cache plugin to run a website, a cache plugin like the WOT cache plugin for WordPress website can definitely optimize your website well to provide an excellent user experience.
So, to conclude this review, I think it is definitely worth investing $32 in the WOT cache plugin, which can make your WordPress website a website that loads at a superfast speed, and improve the chances of ranking your website higher on Google.