How to Create a Social Media Management Plan That Produces Results
If you’re like many business owners, you’re currently using social media with no formal management plan in place.
You’re most definitely not alone – most people have been winging it for years when it comes to using social media for business.
But winging it has never been a good strategy. It’s simply not realistic to expect that random posting on social media will produce results, much less the results you want.
Having a defined social media management plan will enable you to:
- Be more efficient with your time and efforts
- Generate significantly better results (more traffic, leads and sales)
- Be able to measure and quantify those results, helping you further improve your marketing efforts
But of course, if you’re a small business, your resources – both time and money – are limited. That means you also don’t want a complicated strategy which takes forever to understand, let alone enact.
The great thing is, that’s likely not necessary – while you do need to have a plan in order to maximize efficiency with your social media efforts, it doesn’t need to be overly intricate.
In fact, the simpler and more concise the plan, the better.
To create an effective social media plan, you need to answer the following questions:
- What business goals do you hope to achieve using social media?
- Who are your ideal clients, and what social platforms do they use?
- What metrics will you use to measure your success?
- Are you creating content, curating content, or both?
- How much time can you allot to your social activities every day/week?
- What social media activities will give you the quickest wins?
By formulating a simple plan, which addresses each of these points, you’ll be well on your way to building a social media community that’ll foster your success, and help you achieve your goals.
Here’s a more in-depth break down of each of these points, and what they might look like as part of a simple social media management plan.