Huge Collection of the Best Free & Premium WordPress Slider Plugins
WordPress slider plugins have been demonized lately for multiple reasons: they are widely accused of slowing down a website, affecting user experiences, and other sins.
The Best Slider WordPress Plugins
In this roundup, we are looking into the most feature-rich slider WordPress plugins that are constantly improved, developed, and adopted to WordPress changes (Gutenberg).
The competition on the WordPress slider market is fierce, which means a win-win situation for us, WordPress users.
In the “Pros” accompanying list for each plugin, we’re trying to make the main emphasis on unique and the most helpful features, so those can be both free and premium ones. Let’s get straight to the list.
The free plugin version ships with a handy slider editor, where you can reorder images with drag and drop, crop them, customize SEO parameters for images and apply more familiar settings.
- One of the most feature-rich used and free WordPress slider plugins
- Slideshow starter templates
- Four distinct types of sliders featuring different transition effects and layouts
- Compatible with WordPress translation plugins
- Search and add free stock images to slides without leaving a WP dashboard
- PRO features extend the slider options to support video backgrounds, slide scheduling, thumbnail navigation, to name just a few highlights.
Smart Slider 3
If you are looking for a handy visual slider creator for an affordable price, Smart Slider 3 should be top on your list.
- Adjusted to Gutenberg as well as other popular builders, such as Divi and Elementor
- An excellent slider library to fast-track the editing process
- Background animation effects
- Adaptive font sizes
- The Smart Slider 3 Pro includes everything to create a slider you may set your mind to numerous professionally designed slider templates to start with, an advanced layer animation builder, more animation effects and layer types, priority support and more.
For example, you can go beyond standard slider options and turn on special features, such as image protection, slide scheduling, featured content, and others. To go beyond standard carousel and lightbox slides, you can feature WooCommerce, Instagram, PDF, video, and other automatically sourced content types.
- Build any slider you can think of with any integration
- Visual drag-and-drop slider builder
- Ready-made slider patterns
- Gutenberg ready
- A toolchain of SEO setting for each image
- Even offering tons of unique features, the plugin is surprisingly lightweight (won’t kill your website performance).
Slider by 10Web – Responsive Image Slider
To get more advanced layers, access to more layer and transition effects, Parallax/carousel effects, and the option to create post slides, you’ll need to pay at least $20 for a premium version.
- Build the entire slider quickly and easily from one screen
- Even chock full with animation effects, the slides are still fast and lightweight
- Adjusted to Gutenberg.
Slider Widget in Elementor
- Responsive layers
- Support for full and wide-width slides
- Transition and interaction effects for all slides
- Customizable arrows and dots navigation.
Slider Module in Divi Builder
- Support for video backgrounds
- Customizable arrows and controls
- Parallax effects
- Deep slider design options.
It’s hard to find a slideshow WordPress plugin that can beat Slider Revolution by feature set. One of the reported cons of the Slider Revolution is, however, that it’s too heavy since hosting hundreds of features and designs it offers isn’t an easy job.
- A super user-friendly drag-and-drop slideshow builder
- Takes the lead among similar plugins in terms of the layer animation
- Multiple slider layout options
- Splendid 3D Parallax effects
- Multiple content sources for creating sliders with the automatically slid content: Flickr, Instagram, WooCommerce, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
Responsive Zoom in / Out Slider
If you need a powerful plugin yet with a focus on simplicity and clean code, consider Slider PRO.
- A good bunch of layout skins and animation effects
- Almost no bad effect on the website speed and overall performance
- Native-like navigation experience on touch-screen devices
- Conditional logic for slider images
- Breakpoints to adjust your slider to different screen sizes
- Lightbox and video support.
- WordPress-native customization interface
- Touch-enabled and fully responsive layers
- Modular architecture, which is easy for developers to adjust to any needs.
Slider – Responsive WordPress Image Slider
GS Logo Slider
Gutenberg Slider by Kadence Blocks
Gutenberg Slider by Getwid
Conclusion: What is the best WordPress slider plugin?
The obvious answer is that it depends on what you are aiming to create your budget and design preferences.
Almost all top popular premium WordPress image slider plugins presented in our roundup can do the same work, but they differ in pricing, support, and critical performance metrics. Free WordPress slider plugins give you a wider choice of dedicated solutions but can limit you in design, layout, and animation settings.
Anyways, the following recommendation will be useful in any case: stick to a performance-optimized, straightforward in customization and actively developed plugin. So has any slider plugin already caught your eye?