WordPress 5.3 Beta 2
WordPress 5.3 Beta 2 is now available!
This software is still in development, so we don’t recommend running it on a production site. Consider setting up a test site to play with the new version.
You can test the WordPress 5.3 beta in two ways:
- Try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (choose the “bleeding edge nightlies” option)
- Or download the beta here (zip).
WordPress 5.3 is slated for release on November 12, 2019, and we need your help to get there.
- Work continues on the block editor.
- Bugs fixed on Twenty Twenty.
- Accessibility bugs fixes and enhancements on the interface changes introduced with 5.3 beta 1:
- Iterate on the admin interface
- Reduce potential backward compatibility issues
- Improve consistency between admin screens and the block editor
- Better text zoom management
rel="ugc"attribute value in comments (#48022) – this particular ticket shows the WordPress project ability to integrate quick solutions to things that are changing unexpectedly – like Google new features.
WordPress 5.3 has lots of refinements to polish the developer experience. To keep up, subscribe to the Make WordPress Core blog and pay special attention to the developers notes for updates on those and other changes that could affect your products.
How to Help
Do you speak a language other than English? Help us translate WordPress into more than 100 languages!
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. We’d love to hear from you! If you’re comfortable writing a reproducible bug report, file one on WordPress Trac where you can also find a list of known bugs.