Searchanise Review: A Huge Upgrade to WooCommerce Search
If you run a WooCommerce store, product search is an important, but sometimes overlooked, part of increasing your store’s conversion rates.
Searchanise is a lot more than just a search tool, though – it also includes some really advanced features to help you promote your most profitable products, boost your conversion rates, and analyze what’s happening with search on your site.
Overall, I was impressed by the depth of functionality and the polish in the interface, so this is definitely one to take a look at if you have a WooCommerce store.
Searchanise Review: The Feature List
Searchanise is not a single feature – it’s a full search solution that’s designed to actually convert more visitors into buyers. That is, it covers everything from offering a more comprehensive search algorithm to improving performance, tracking analytics, adding new features, promoting products and more.
Put all those features together and you have a set of tools that can make a meaningful difference on your store’s shopping experience and bottom line.
Let’s run through the features first and then I’ll show you them in action on my own WooCommerce store…
1. Full Text Search Without Slowing Your Site Down
Searchanise offers full-text search to help shoppers find products without slowing your site down.
Here’s how that works:
Searchanise indexes your store’s products, articles, and categories on Searchanise’s servers rather than your own. This means that it can scale up to 100,000s of products and tons of queries without killing your store’s server.
Indexation happens in near real-time (every 10 minutes) so your search will be updated as soon as you add new products or edit existing products.
By default, Searchanise will search in…
- Product name
- Product type
- SKU for all product variants
- Barcode for all product variants
- Options for all product variants
And you can also tell Searchanise to search in custom fields by using its settings.
New Features: Instant Search, Search Suggestions, Redirects More
Searchanise comes with a suite of features to help create a more shopper-friendly search:
- Instant search – instantly show products in the search results as soon as a shopper starts typing.
- Extra product details – include a product’s price, in-stock status, and product reviews in the search results page.
- “Did you mean?” suggestions – give shoppers suggestions to avoid having them hit a dead end.
- Synonyms – use smart synonyms to help get shoppers to the right place. For example “male” vs “mens”.
Searchanise doesn’t just change the search form, it also changes your search results page and adds new faceted search options there to help shoppers further drill-down in the search results:
At a basic level, it improves your search with features like:
- A more comprehensive search
- Better-performing search because indexing happens on Searchanise’s servers
- Live search suggestions
- Custom search widget and search results pages, complete with lots of product filters
But it also goes beyond just improving search – it also helps you market your products. For example, the merchandising and redirects tools help you drive attention towards your most popular and profitable products.
Plus, you get those detailed analytics and everything is nicely wrapped up in a well-designed interface.
If you have a WooCommerce store, I definitely think you should give Searchanise a look. You can get a 14-day free trial – no credit card required – so you’re not risking anything by signing up: