TikTok Launches ‘Share to TikTok’ SDK, Expanding its Connection to Third Party Tools
If you’re a brand that’s looking to utilize TikTok for your marketing efforts, this will be welcome news.
This week, TikTok has announced the launch of its ‘Share to TikTok’ SDK, which will enable third-party apps to integrate directly with the rising app. That means that users of video editing apps like Adobe Premiere Rush will be able to upload videos direct to TikTok from the app’s editing platform.
As explained by TikTok:
“This new Share to TikTok feature enriches the content available on TikTok, diversifies the types of videos users can discover, and offers more editing choices for users to explore in addition to TikTok’s built-in creative tools. Most importantly, it gives users multiple avenues to create new original, high-quality content using platforms with exciting creative tools.”
The option will enhance the quality of videos that users can upload to TikTok, which, as noted, will be of significant benefit to brands who want to publish more polished, edited content.
Of course, that could also go against the broader DIY ethos of the app, but it will provide more options to be able to add better quality video content, which could help boost your on-platform branding efforts.
At launch, TikTok has partnered with seven apps, which will now enable direct TikTok uploads:
- Adobe Premiere Rush – An all-in-one app for creating and sharing online videos. Hear more from Adobe about today’s news on their blog.
- Fuse.it – An augmented reality app for online creators that allows you to insert characters into your videos and interact with them. Creating AR videos on your phone for any platform is versatile and easy
- Medal.tv – This app helps you share and watch epic gaming moments. Record gaming highlights on PC and send them to your phone.
- Momento GIF Maker – Using a smart detection algorithm, this app automatically creates beautiful moments using photos already on your device.
- PicsArt – An all-in-one photo and video editing app for making your social content pop. They make it super easy to step up your photo-editing game, create amazing images and videos, and share them with friends
- Plotaverse – This app gives you the tools to easily animate any image in minutes while adding video overlays for next level effects.
- Enlight Videoleap – Videoleap makes it easy for anyone to create amazing videos on-the-go. Wow your audience with delightful, jaw-dropping content you create and share with this fun & powerful video editor. You’ll be trending in no time!
While questions do remain about the longer-term viability of TikTok, there’s little denying the app’s current popularity, which could make it a good platform to expand your digital marketing promotion efforts. These new integrations add to that capacity, and may make it easier for brands to create better quality content and attract more interest.
Though we would advise that you download and use the app first to get a feel for what works. As with all social media apps, it’s worth developing an understanding of the nuances, and the way in which it’s being used, before jumping in.